2023 EDITORIAL CALL FOR ENTRIES
Download nomination form *firm must be based in Mountain West
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2023 ISSUE
Best in Bath Design + Rustic Homes
DEADLINE: May 12, 2023 @ 5 PM
NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2023 ISSUE
Home of the Year + Holiday Homes
DEADLINE: July 7, 2023 @ 5 PM
Have a gorgeous mountain home submission or a great story idea you’d like to share?
The editors of Mountain Living are always looking for stunning homes to feature, from luxurious high-country retreats to charming guest cabins, with styles that range from traditional to contemporary. If you’d like to submit a home for consideration, below are a few tips for getting published on our pages.
Familiarize yourself with Mountain Living’s editorial content; how features are written and what departments are included. You will save yourself time by understanding the content before you send your pitch.
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION
- The homeowners have given their permission to publish the home in Mountain Living via the 2022 Homeowners Release.
- The home is not for sale or about to go on the market.
- The project has not been previously published in print or digital magazine sites. (Projects published on your website for marketing purposes are okay.)
- The project is located in the Rocky Mountain West.
- The home is a lived-in residence—no model or spec homes, please.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT
1. Send an editorial submission form to email@example.com with the subject: Pitch for Mountain Living.
2. Include a brief description of the home with size, location and any distinctive details, with architect and designer contact information.
3. Attach a signed homeowner’s release form. (We are unable to consider homes for publication without a signed release form.)
4. Include high res images of the exterior, great room, kitchen, dining area, master bedroom and bath. Please send via non-expiring Dropbox folder or Google Drive link. We will not consider submissions in which we must download images to view them. If you send printed photos to our office, be certain to enclose a SASE if you’d like them returned.
Send ONE PROJECT per email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Projects MUST be unpublished to be considered! If you wish to send multiple projects, send your best FIVE (separately). Any more, and we are inundated with material to sift through.
We plan features approximately 9-12 months in advance prior to the run date. Our Mountain Living editorial team meets every 4-6 weeks and we will get back to you with a decision.
FORMS TO DOWNLOAD & SUBMIT
Please send entries and nominations via email to email@example.com. *Home of the Year entries, however, must be sent in hard copy form to the Mountain Living office, 1780 S. Bellaire St., Denver, Colorado 80222. All entries must be received in the ML office by 5 PM on the deadline date.
To stay up to date on ML’s latest news, stories, contests, events, and call for entries, sign up for our newsletter here.
For a complimentary subscription to Mountain Living, contact your advertising representative.