24,000 Square Feet of Mountain Ranch Luxury
Resting privately on 350 acres in Kremmling, Colorado, and located just 60 to 90 minutes from the renowned resorts of Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Vail, Beaver Creek and Steamboat Springs, this stunning estate is one of the finest properties in the Colorado Rocky Mountains—and it’s currently for sale at $28.5 million.
Designed to conform to the land, Aspen Grove Ranch’s 24,000-square-foot family lodge offers high-quality ﬁnishes and superior interior design. A home of refinement, elegance, and comfort, the entire panorama of the surrounding valley and Gore and Williams Fork Mountain Ranges are magnificently captured throughout the home.
Designed by renowned architect Jon Gunson of Custom Mountain Architects, the home was built to showcase three primary areas: a private wing for the owners; a spacious and dramatic gathering, dining, and activity area; and a connected guest house. The three-structure concept places the main house in the center, with the master suite and guesthouse flanking each side.
The landscape design is as beautiful as the estate’s interior, with a covered bridge, cascading waterfalls, ponds, stone decks, and bridges connecting each wing of the home. From these outdoor living areas one can view dramatic sunrises and sunsets, wildlife, twinkling stars at night, and incomparable vistas. The acreage also lends itself as a retreat complete with hiking, horseback riding, hunting, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
A gourmet kitchen, which opens into the great room and dining room, is defined by large log beams, a coffered ceiling, and custom cabinetry. Two cooking areas are designed to accommodate a variety of culinary techniques.
For the further enjoyment of guests, the lower level of the main residence includes a western-style bar, game tables, a movie theater, a performance stage, a children’s dressing room complete with costumes, and two regulation bowling lanes.
Aspen Grove Ranch is one of seventeen ranches within the 18,000-acre shared ranch community of Grand River Ranch. Each ranch has its own unique character and multiple designated home sites; Aspen Grove’s total is three. The Homeowner’s Association maintains a master grazing lease on the greater ranch, which provides landowners the opportunity to run cattle on their property, maintaining agricultural status with related favorable property tax rates. There are five common area amenities at Grand River Ranch that are owned and enjoyed by all owners:
- Grand River Ranch Lodge: The rustically elegant lodge boasts commanding views of the Gore Range. At 5,000 square feet, it includes beautifully furnished living and fine dining areas, a cozy bar, outdoor decks, a massive log fireplace and five handsomely appointed guest suites.
- Grand River Ranch Fishing Camp: A charming mountain cabin, for day or overnight use, sits ashore a 22-acre lake where native cutthroat, brown and rainbow trout await the beginner or expert angler. Fishing gear, small watercraft and experienced fishing guides are available.
- Tail Water Fishing Camp: This fine tail water fishery is also home to rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout. Two cabins for day and overnight use are located in the Tail Water Camp. Fly-fishing gear and guides can be arranged.
- Ranch Headquarters and Equestrian Center: Ranch Headquarters welcomes owners and guests and serves as an additional venue for social gatherings. The Equestrian Center provides indoor and outdoor stalls, tack room and equestrian professionals for trail rides and lessons.
- Sporting Clays Shooting Range: Twin sets of a regulation ten-station shooting range afford the opportunity to hone your shooting skills. There is also a target range with long and short-range targets.
You can learn more about this property here.