On the Market: Slopeside 2-Bedroom Condos
in Lake Tahoe, Park City, and Steamboat Springs
For weekend warriors in search of A ski country escape, a two-bedroom ski-in/ski-out condo provides the necessities: just enough room to spread out and store ski gear, and immediate access to the slopes.
We asked three listing agents in three mountain markets—Lake Tahoe, Park City and Steamboat Springs—for their insight on purchasing a slopeside two-bedroom condo. Stacy Bauman of Resorts West in Park City notes that couples in their 40s and 50s with families are the core market for a ski-in/ski-out two-bedroom. These buyers are typically already familiar with the resort, and have often vacationed there in rental units. “Most buyers come in knowing which property they want,” says Larry Lawrence, owner of Lawrence Realty in Olympic Valley, California.
Here, agents provide a snapshot of three slopeside turnkey properties in their areas—from amenity-laden hotel-living penthouses to an on-mountain contemporary with historic roots.
1. SHERATON STEAMBOAT RESORT
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Address: 2200 Village Inn Court, #707
- Price: $860,000
- Size: 1,453 square feet
- Sleeps: 8-10
- Bathrooms: 3
- Year Built: 1972
- Location: On the top floor of the Sheraton, just steps to the gondola and base area
- Special features: Floor-to-ceiling windows, alder trim and doors, granite countertops and travertine tile bathrooms. Down-to-the-studs remodeled in 2013. Fully furnished and air-conditioned. A private-entrance condo with hotel amenities—dining, cocktails, ski and bike valet services and recreational opportunities. Open balcony with ringside seats.
- Listing Agent: Penny Fletcher, Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty, 970-846-4429, steamboatsir.com
2. RESORT AT SQUAW CREEK
Squaw Valley/Lake Tahoe, California
- Address: 400 Squaw Creek Road, #902
- Price: $1,195,000
- Size: 1,067 square feet
- Sleeps: 6
- Bathrooms: 2
- Year Built: 1990
- Location: Two-story, end-unit penthouse at the base of Squaw Valley ski area
- Special features: Newly remodeled with two-story-tall ceiling and windows overlooking the ski area. Compact kitchen with granite countertops. Recreational activities include an 18-hole golf course, ice skating, year-round outdoor pool, day spa and tennis courts. Access to bell service, room service, restaurants, shops, game rooms and in-house daycare.
- Listing Agent: Larry Lawrence, Lawrence Realty, 530-583-1529, lawrencerealty.com
3. SILVER STAR RESORT
Park City, Utah
- Address: 1825 Three Kings Drive, Silver Star 503
- Price: $1,499,000
- Size: 1,678 square feet
- Sleeps: 6
- Bathrooms: 2.5
- Year Built: 2008
- Location: The newest resort community at the old Park City Mountain Resort, Silver Star pays homage to its mining past, combining historic buildings with contemporary architecture. At the same time, “there’s a real community feel that you don’t always get with vacation homes,” says listing agent Stacy Bauman. The resort is located on-mountain and one mile from Park City’s Main Street.
- Special features: Viking appliances, granite countertops, big wooden beams and en-suite baths. Adjacent to the pool, fitness center and a common area fire pit. Includes direct garage access and complimentary shuttle service.
- Listing Agent: Stacy Bauman, Resorts West, 435-901-4849, resortswest.com/re.listings.aspx