Home of the Year
Photos of Mountain Living's 2016 Home of the Year: A Contemporary Homestead (Photo by Audrey Hall)
Mountain rustic or ski-lodge chic? We invite homeowners, designers, builders and architects to show off their projects for the Mountain Living 2017 Home of the Year Award. Funky or formal, laid back or lively, we’d love to see where you live! The winner will be featured in the November/December 2017 issue of Mountain Living.
- Homes entered in the contest must be unpublished, completed, fully furnished and owner-occupied primary residences and/or second homes located in Alberta, British Columbia, California (Sierra Nevada region), Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada (Lake Tahoe region), Oregon, Washington, Wyoming or Utah. All styles and sizes accepted.
- Entries may be submitted by homeowners, architects, builders, interior designers, landscape architects and photographers.
- Entries must include a completed entry form.
- Entries must include a signed homeowner's release authorizing publication of the home.
- Entries must include hardcopy photographs of the home's exterior, living room, dining area, kitchen, master bedroom and bathroom. Additional shots of special features are optional. Note: Judges will give additional consideration to exceptional photography and styling.
- Finalist homes must be available for a one-hour walk-through by the judging committee if the committee deems an on-site visit necessary to make final decisions.
- Limit two homes submitted per firm or homeowner.
- To be selected for HOTY, entries must be available for publication in Mountain Living magazine and may not be published in any other publication without written consent from Mountain Living magazine until after January 1, 2018.
- Home submitted for the contest must be available to a Mountain Living magazine photographer for one full day. Award-winning homeowners, architects, builders and/or designers must be available to be interviewed by a Mountain Living magazine writer or editor.
- Entry form—briefly describe the home and homeowners, please include details about the architect, interior design, location, and the furnishings.
- Homeowner's release—signed, please include authorization for Mountain Living to publish the home.
- Color photographs IN HARDCOPY FORMAT—exterior, kitchen, living area, dining area, master bedroom and bathroom. Please also include photos of other areas of interest (media room, library/study, guest rooms, etc.) The quality of photographs can make a difference in the judges’ decision. All photos must be clearly labeled with the entrant's name, address and telephone number, or the materials may not be returned. (Materials will be handled with care; however, Mountain Living magazine assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged materials. Please do not send original prints.) Professional photographs must have photo credits.
- Mail to: Mountain Living, Attn: Home of the Year Contest, 1780 South Bellaire Street, Suite 505, Denver, CO 80222.
- Postmark entries: no later than July 7, 2017. All entries must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope, or they will not be returned.
- Employees of WIESNERMEDIA and their families are not eligible to enter.