Velvet is Making a Comeback
Love it or hate it, velvet is making a comeback. Here, 11 chic ways to invite the luxurious fabric into your home, without a hint of tacky.
1. LUXE VELVET QUILT (above) by West Elm in (from top) orchid, taupe, blue teal, light gray and midnight, made with a silk velvet-blend front and an organic cotton
percale back, available in Full/Queen or King, from $249 each; westelm.com.
2. HARPER TUFTED CUDDLE CHAIR by Haute House in light blue, also available in silver and ivory, made with polyester velvet upholstery and a dark walnut frame, $3,899; exclusively at horchow.com.
3. NIA VELVET PILLOW COVER by Pottery Barn, available in ivory, rose, gray mist, midnight and bronze, accommodates an 18” insert, $29.50 each; potterybarn.com.
4. VELVET TWO-SEATER SOFA by Rose & Grey in mustard, available in gray, green, blue and a three-seater option, made with 100% cotton velvet, about $2,117; roseandgrey.co.uk.
5. BLANCA OTTOMAN by Melimeli in dusty pink, available in two sizes and six other colors, about $381; melimelihome.se.
6. VELVET KIMBALL CHAIR in gold by Anthropologie, available in 18 additional colors, solid brass legs, 41"H x 39"W x 35/5"D, $1,598; exclusively at anthropologie.com
7. FARFALLA BED by Haute House in antique white, available in Queen, King and California King, from $6,292; hautehousehome.com.
8. GYPSY BOLSTER PILLOW by Lili Alessandra in champagne/ivory, $383; at laylagrace.com.
9. VERSAILLES THROW by Lili Alessandra in silver/ivory, 36” x 88”, $735; at neimanmarcus.com.
10. WASHED COTTON LUSTER VELVET DUVET + SHAMS by West Elm in dusty blush, also available in stone, platinum and berry, Full/Queen and King sizes, duvet starts at $169, shams start at $34; westelm.com.
11. VINTAGE VELVET DRAPERY by Restoration Hardware in aubergine, available in 19 additional colors and styles, from $239; restorationhardware.com.