Cherry Creek Arts Festival Award Winners
An 2017 event recap and a list of the artist award winners!
People from near and far visited the annual Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver to enjoy delicious food, listen to live music, and view the work of amazing artists.
With 15 concerts on the Janus Henderson Investors Main Stage, Arrow Electronics pop-up performances, food trucks, and over 250 artists' booths, there was something for everyone at the 2017 festival!
CherryArts would like to extend sincerest gratitude to all supporters of the Arts Festival this year. Whether you exhibited, volunteered, sponsored, donated funds, participated or simply visited, you helped us "Bring Art to Life" on the streets of Cherry Creek North!
2017 ARTIST AWARD WINNERS:
- Best of Show: Suzanne Schmid, jewelry, booth 78
- 2nd Place: Scott Hildebrandt, mixed media, booth 75
- 3rd Place: Heinrich Toh, printmaking, booth 113
- Merit Awards: David Burton, mixed media, booth 159; Aaron Hequembourg, mixed media, booth 161; David Kammerzell, painting, booth 166; Brice McCasland, mixed media, booth 233; Tony Ortega, printmaking, booth 106
- Juror’s Award: Brian Blackham, painting, booth 119
- Juror’s Award: Adam Crowell, wood, booth 107
- Juror’s Award: Christopher Wagner, sculpture, booth 257
Click here to view the 2017 artist award winners! Subscribe to the CherryArts newsletter and keep up with all things art, education, and culture in Colorado! Simply text “subscribe” to 77453.
Be sure to check out the highlights from the 27th annual Cherry Creek Arts Festival! Using the official hashtags #CherryArts, #BringingArtToLife and more on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, you can view the moments captured by the Cherry Arts team and by visitors to the festival. Whether you were able to attend or not, do take a moment to scroll through all the memories!
P.S. Ready for the next art festival? Save the date for CherryArts Festival at Stanley, September 15-17, 2017!