A Summer Weekend of Art & Architecture
2017 Telluride Art + Architecture: The Full Schedule
Photos courtesy of Telluride Arts
The 2017 Telluride Art + Architecture Weekend weekend boasts a two-day tour with 10 venues to peruse, fabulous food creations, and unbeatable mountain views to boot.
Produced by Telluride Arts, each venue will feature home tours with on-site architects and designers, tastings by local chefs with wine pairings in the kitchen, and rooms featuring the works of local artists.
In addition to showcasing the incredible creative minds of the Box Canyon, Telluride Arts is offering two great lectures as part of the weekend’s events.
Dan Sjogren of Sjotime Industries will be giving a lecture about how he combines old-school craftsmanship with ultra-techy digital production to create his modern furniture and home goods.
Now based in Denver, Sjogren has forged a niche in the modern home furnishing world driven by the idea of lasting and well-crafted objects. Attend his lecture on Saturday, July 15.
The Transfer Warehouse lecture is slated for Sunday, July 16 and will reveal Telluride Arts’ vision for its largest project. This historic building in the heart of town is about to undergo a renovation, which will restore its historic walls and convert the interior into a civic arts space. From a conceptual design competition, LTL Architects of New York City was selected by Telluride Arts to develop plans for the building.
The lecture will focus on future plans of the warehouse, future programming, and what it means for Telluride.
With your ticket, you will receive a guidebook that provides information about each stop on the tour, and the creative team of architects, chefs, artists and designers on site. Click here to purchase your ticket for the weekend!
TOUR DATES: SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, JULY 15 +16
BASECAMP IS AT 135 W PACIFIC, ACROSS FROM THE LIBRARY
- Wednesday, July 12, 7:30 - 9 pm: Twenty(by)Telluride
- Thursday, July 13, 5-7pm: Industry Meet + Greet at BASECAMP
- Friday, July 14, 4 - 7pm: Guest Artist Reception + Lecture with Betsy Chaffin at Gallery 81435
- Saturday, July 15, 11 am: Historic Walking Tour of the Telluride Historic Landmark District. Leaves Headquarters at 11am.
- Saturday, July 15, 11 am - 5 pm: Sjotime Industries Trunk Show at Headquarters
- Saturday, July 15, 12-5 pm: SELF-GUIDED TOUR!
- Saturday July 15, 5:30 pm: Guest Designer Lecture with Dan Sjogren of Sjotime Industries at Headquarters
- Sunday, July 16, 11-12pm: Telluride Transfer Warehouse Lecture
- Sunday, July 16, 12-5pm: SELF-GUIDED TOUR!
- Sunday, July 16, 11am-5pm: Sjotime Industries Trunk Show at BASECAMP
- Sunday, July 16, 5-8pm: Closing Party, hosted by Telluride Luxury Real Estate & Rentals
Don’t miss the 2017 Telluride Art + Architecture weekend!
Mountain Living is proud to sponsor this event!